Monday, March 1, 2010

Officially Moved

Well we are officially moved now. We had to stay at my parents house for a week before our new house was ready for us to move in. There was lots to be done. Cleaning and moving out the former owners belongings into the garage so they could pick them up. The house is older and drafty but it is home. I have trouble calling it home cause it doesnt feel that way yet. Its just a house to me right now. Its getting closer to being home but until pictures are hung and some more time spent here maybe I can begin to call it home. The girls seem to be taking the change okay. Kylie is having a bit of a hard time with it. She does not like change. She likes her routines and she is set in her ways. She keeps telling me everyday she wants to go home. I tell her that we are home now and sometimes it makes her cry. I feel bad for her, I know it is hard being taken away from something familiar and thrown into something completely different. I blame myself sometimes. We lost the house we called home because of circumstances that were out of our hands but I still feel at fault. The what ifs and what could have we done different to prevent it nags at me alot.  Abby is taking it very well. She seems to like it here. Even at the old house she kept saying she wanted to go to the new house. So she is doing pretty good with it. Her and kylie are sharing a room now, which is a change for them since they used to have their own rooms. It seems to be working out okay so far. Natalie is too young to notice to much I think. She knows we are somewhere different but it doesnt seem to bother her. She is still getting over the stomach bug from last weekend. She got very sick with vomiting and diarrhea that she had a hard time getting over. She had it for a week and she still has the diarrhea. She lost almost 2 pounds in a week and we even had a visit to the ER to make sure she wasnt dehydrated. She was not, thank the Lord. She is still not herself yet but each day she seems to be getting better. She has a bad cough now though so I am praying it doesnt turn into anything worse. This is the first week of David going back to work as we stay home here at the house. I am trying to get back into the routine and swing of things again. Its different and I am a little homesick also. I am kinda stuck into wondering what to do next and what is going to happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment